In order to grow successfully, investment funds need to measure the financial health of corporations.
GVA’s research performance meets your specific merger and acquisition needs, evaluating and consolidating of your shareholding interests.
Investment funds (private equity) aimed at investing in companies selected according to certain criteria to help expand their scope and allow them to generate wealth, conquer new markets and grow.
GVA’s expertise in mergers and acquisitions, business valuation, tax consolidation and integration comes into play when assisting investment funds with advice and support for preparing packages in the four main capital investment segments: Venture Capital, Development Capital, Transmission/LBO Capital and Turnaround Capital.
Our missions are adaptable to your organisation,
focussing on a personalised relationship
- Preparing consolidated accounts
- Due diligence
- Compliance and setting up internal controls
- How to limit the risk of errors in financial statements, or in performance indicators?
- What information system must be adopted for improving the quality of the Investor relationship?
When performing capital increases or in mergers, demergers and spin-offs, GVA accompanies you with all the legal duties required for statutory merger and share audits. The role of the shares auditor is to appraise:
– The value of contributions to ensure they are not overvalued
– The specific benefits to be gained from such operations.
The auditor’s mission is guided by standards that define both the nature of the procedures to be implemented, the report format to be issued and the deadlines.
- Obtain and analyse all the legal and financial documentation related to the operation
- Appraise the value of contributions as well as the specific benefits during such operations
- Check that the relative valuesassigned to the shares or stakes in the companies involved in the transaction are relevant and that the exchange ratio is fair.
- Share auditor
- Merger auditor
- Specific benefits auditor
- Assets and liabilities auditor
A key stage in Merger and Acquisition procedures
The aim is to obtain a X-ray of the target company that will allow the buyer to better understand its mode of operation and to validate the financial data provided by the seller.
Buyer due diligence: performing external growth operations
- Acquisition audit
- Analysing the risks and constraints of the operation
- Optimising and securing the transaction
- Contributing to the structuring of the transaction and its translation into accounts
- Identifying key areas of risk and/or opportunities, whether they are financial, IT, operational or strategic, but also fiscal, legal, social and environmental
Vendor due diligence: selling a business or stake
- Optimising the sale of a business and ensuring the control of the process
- Anticipating possible difficulties and minimising the risk of failure of the transaction
- Maximising the sale price
- Reducing negotiation times
- Establishing Vendor Due Diligence (VDD)
Measuring value to secure strategic future decisions.
In the context of investment projects or business mergers, it is essential to have reliable and objective information on the value of the companies studied. Indeed, whatever the purpose of the project, its success will be linked to the accurate appraisal of assets, liabilities and synergies.
- Assessing the business including the assets and liabilities it holds
- Analysing and modelling investment projects
- Appraising forecasts and related data
- Securing funding models
For a high quality of service
Today, more than ever, the work of statutory auditors requires greater integration and the anticipation of many changes.
For our auditors, these missions involve thorough monitoring of the services rendered. Once hired to perform this statutory task, GVA is committed to issue an opinion based on the risk assessment, the quality of internal controls, and validation of the accounting data and financial information submitted.
In acknowledgement of the challenges and issues specific to each sector, GVA has developed sector-specific skills honed for the industrial, financial, distribution, service, new technology, environment, social and humanitarian sectors…
These audit missions are designed to improve your internal control and optimise the quality of your accounting and financial procedures. GVA helps you to secure the reliability and accuracy of your financial information, preventing and managing your business risks and strengthening the bonds of trust with your partners.
- Auditing business plans, financing plan, dashboard reports
- Organisational audit, implementation of internal controls
- Managing the risks associated with information systems
- Controlling IT costs
- Protecting access to sensitive information
- Improving operating practices between different departments
- Ensuring business continuity
- Securing systems in line with industry laws and regulations