Since protecting your personal data is essential to us, GVA commits to the following:
- We don’t collect or use data unless there is a precise, limited purpose
- We collect and use data only if it is necessary to execute the requested services or if collected with your express, informed consent
- We retain data only for a limited time, in line with the services provided
- We ensure the security of collected data at all times
- We transfer data only if necessary, in compliance with the law and security rules
- We ensure respect for your rights to access, rectification, deletion and portability of your data
GVA collects and uses your personal data only for precise, limited purposes.
Collecting your personal data is essential for us to provide services. If you refuse to share your data with us, we may not be able to provide you with the corresponding services.
- Answering your questions and addressing your needs:
- To answer the questions you send us by e-mail via the form available on our website or by phone
- To send you useful informative documentation and/or to enable you to download such documentation
- Registering for an event:
- To sign up for and confirm your attendance at an event
- To give you practical information about the event
- To notify you of any cancellation
- Sending you publications you have subscribed to:
- To send you our newsletters as well as any future publications
In addition to the requested services, you may accept or refuse that your data be used for the following purposes:
- Offering you information about our new products, news and events:
- GVA regularly suggests new events and organises seminars, lectures, one-day sessions and webinars. You can receive information and news from us if you tick the Accept box when your personal data is collected
- GVA may open community spaces focussing on current events and offer you the opportunity to sign up on dedicated platforms
- Asking for your opinion about our services:
- To improve our services, GVA regularly conducts studies, surveys and questionnaires to meet your needs better. You can agree to participate if you expressly choose this option when your personal data is collected
What data do we collect? How do we collect it?
GVA makes sure that it collects only the data that is strictly necessary for the services you request and for the purposes described in the section above. The data is collected directly from the user of the website, application or service, with the exception of data collected when browsing through our website.
As a function of the requested services, we collect the following personal data:
- Identification or contact data (name, e-mail address, mailing address and, if applicable, phone number and company name): we need this data to answer your questions. This data is communicated to us when you submit your request by filling in a form, for example.
When you make a service request, data may be collected about your professional sector, job title and the size of your company. This data is used in order to respond optimally to your requests and needs.
- Browsing data (IP address, searches, number of visits, visit date): This data is used exclusively for statistical monitoring of traffic on our website and is collected by using cookies.
We may also obtain your contact details and other personal data from our subsidiaries, partners and other third parties, including:
- Social networks, when you grant permission to access your data on a social network
- Publicly accessible sources
- Companies with which we offer shared services and/or
- Data providers from which we obtain data and which guarantee that they have obtained this data lawfully
Who are the recipients of the processing operations involving your data?
GVA employees responsible for marketing, communication and/or sales as well as contractors and partners of GVA, Groupe Alpha and its subsidiaries, of which GVA is one, in strict compliance with your IRP, for the purposes of accessing the requested services and responding to your requests for advice or information or for prospecting purposes.
To ensure that GVA’s websites work properly, we sometimes place small data files known as ‘cookies’ on our users’ devices.
How long is your data kept?
The data is kept for only as long as is strictly necessary for the purposes for which it was collected and retained in accordance with the legal retention periods, notably for tax and accounting purposes.
What means are implemented to ensure the security of your data?
GVA cares greatly about the security of your data. For this reason, it devotes significant human and technical resources to ensure data protection.
GVA is committed to taking data protection into account when designing new products, applications and services.
Our processes, internal organisation and the guarantees we demand from our contractors, such as technical protection rules, are all aimed at ensuring the protection of your personal data.
In case of a breach of your personal data, GVA is committed to informing you as soon as possible and taking all effective measures to minimise the risks related to this breach.
- Only staff authorised to process your requests have access to your data
- Technical and organisational security measures are implemented and updated by means of patches, antivirus and anti-spam software, vulnerability management, peripheral security by means of a firewall, intrusion detection and prevention systems, user account and authorisation management, and risk analysis
- Use of contractors and transfer of data to these contractors for processing on GVA’s behalf is strictly limited to the management and routing of subscriptions and events. When they provide services on our behalf, contractors must guarantee the security of the data entrusted to them by GVA and commit to providing a security level comparable to GVA’s
- GVA does not use contractors based outside the European Union, in any geographic area where the rules ensuring personal data security are less strict than those in force in France.
- Therefore, GVA does not transfer your data outside the EU
- GVA does not sell your data
What are your rights and how can you exercise them?
In compliance with the provisions of EU regulation 2016/679, known as the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), you have the following rights as regards your data:
- Right of access and consultation: You may contact us in order to know what data GVA has about you
- Right to rectification and erasure: You can ask for your personal data to be corrected or deleted
- Right to object to processing: You can object to GVA’s use of your data if you have a legitimate reason. The consequences of objecting will depend on the reasons given. In certain cases, your objection may mean that we’re no longer able to provide you with the requested service
- Right of data portability: Vous avez la possibilité de demander à GVA de récupérer vos données personnelles afin d’en disposer sous un format électronique.
You can ask GVA to retrieve your personal data in order to make it available in an electronic format : email@example.com
To enable you to exercise your rights as a data subject, GVA may request a copy of your ID card for security reasons. If requested by GVA, this copy will be destroyed as soon as your identity is verified and, at the latest, after your request has been processed.
For any other questions or information, please contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org